Beating the productivity challenge – Sharing in Growth seminar hosted by The Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Monday 5th November 2018
Productivity remains the economic challenge of our time. Aerospace provides high value, rewarding jobs but needs to radically improve its competitive capability or we put at risk a sector worth more than £32 billion in turnover to the UK economy. Sharing in Growth was conceived with a scale and intensity required to ensure aerospace companies accelerate their growth, by addressing a 20% cost challenge against global competition.
Invited guests will hear how Sharing in Growth is creating a virtuous growth cycle: companies who crack the productivity puzzle are competitive and win contracts, giving them the funds to reinvest in people, technology and growth so that they win even more business.
Sharing in Growth are the experts, having helped 60 companies across the UK to secure billions in contracts and around 4,000 jobs. The seminar will present the opportunity to hear from Sharing in Growth and some of the companies who are benefitting.
- The Rt Hon Greg Clark MP Secretary of State for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Warren East CBE Chief Executive, Rolls-Royce
- Colin Smith CBE Chairman, Aerospace Growth Partnership
- Andy Page CEO, Sharing in Growth
In addition, the event will include case studies from four UK aerospace companies that are beating the productivity challenge with Sharing in Growth:
- Produmax – experts in flight control components and assemblies, this West Yorkshire firm has improved productivity by almost 40% and won three new customers
- Amphenol Invotec – Manufacturers of time critical and advanced technology PCBs, has secured more than £40 million in contracts.
- Winbro Group Technologies – Manufacturers of non-conventional machine tools, and components for critical hot section of turbine engines, has opened a new plant, creating new jobs.
- LPW Technology – Developing and processing metal powders for Additive Manufacturing, has opened a £20 million purpose built, metal powder manufacturing facility
If you’d like to find out how this virtuous growth cycle could work in your business by tackling barriers to growth, such as leadership, engagement and skills, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.