Sharing in Growth encourages programme participants to benchmark and enter awards that recognise their progress. The experience of entering is a great way to chart progress and a win can boost sales and staff morale.
The deadline for the following awards is approaching. Just click on the section titles for more information:
Insider Made in the Midlands Awards – deadline 8 March 2019
The awards are free to enter and culminate in a glamorous black tie awards night on 02 May 2019 in Birmingham.
Among the categories are:
- Digital Engineering / Technology Award
- Manufacturing Innovation Award
- Export Award
- Sustainable/Ethical Manufacturer Award
- Manufacturing Apprenticeship / Training Scheme
- Apprentice of the Year
- Manufacturer of the Year (under £25m)
- Manufacturer of the Year (over £25m)
The qualifying period for entries is May 2018 – April 2019. The winners will be profiled in Midlands Business Insider magazine and go onto represent our region at the national Made in the UK event.
TMMX Awards – deadline 28 June 2019
Delivered by The Manufacturer magazine, in association with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, TMMX offers plenty of opportunities for businesses of all sizes and sectors to be recognised for excellence at the TMMX Awards Ceremony & Gala Dinner on Thursday 14 November, in Liverpool. The full list of categories are:
- Achieving Customer Value
- Product Innovation & Design
- People & Skills
- Operational Excellence
- Leadership & Strategy
- Smart Factory
- Supply Chain Excellence
- Sustainable Manufacturing
- Young Manufacturer of the Year
- International Trade
For each category there are 10 statements which companies self-assess against and provide written evidence for. The judges independently assess these submissions and their scoring whittles down the entries to select the finalists, who, if relevant to the category, receive site visits. After the awards ceremony, constructive feedback is written into a tailored assessment and business improvement report.
IATA Diversity & Inclusion Awards – deadline 31 March 2019
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) awards have three categories of leadership in gender diversity and inclusion:
- Inspirational Role Model Award: Will be presented to a female (30+) who holds a senior position within the industry who has had a significant impact on the aviation agenda through her strong contribution to business delivery, as well as her on-going support of the gender diversity agenda. Open to all female participants in the aviation industry.
- High Flyer Award: Designed to recognize one of aviation’s under-30 female contributors who has started to develop her career, and thought leadership in the industry through her inspirational work. Open to all under-30 female participants in the aviation industry.
- Diversity and Inclusion Team Award: Designed to recognize an airline that has seen a tangible change in diversity as a result of the work it has been doing in diversity and inclusion. Open to all IATA member airlines.
Judged by an international and independent panel of experts the first of these annual awards will be presented at IATA’s 75th Annual General Meeting and World Air Transport Summit in Seoul, South Korea between 1-3 June 2019.