Utilising your skills and knowledge as a Business Development Coach you will be responsible for coaching and mentoring the business development function within several beneficiaries. You will be working alongside beneficiary employees developing their knowledge and capability as you support them in developing their offering to customers, whilst ensuring alignment to the company strategy to ultimately achieve their growth aspirations. Your ability to coach people in the development of effective processes, deployment and driving compliance through visual management will be key.
Through your hard work, you will be driving and accelerating best practice within aerospace manufacturing; offering the opportunity to develop highly valued manufacturing in the UK. You will benefit from working in a multi-disciplined team deploying best practice tools while taking the learning to further develop them.
Working as a Business Development Coach, you will be responsible for working alongside the beneficiaries to coach and mentor them, ensuring your knowledge and skills are transferred to embed sustainable change in the following areas:
- Determine current effectiveness of business development strategy, process and execution
- Establish current market positions by product market groups, identify opportunities based on gathering marketing intelligence/benchmarking and align to internal product groups
- Develop roadmap aligning potential commercial opportunities to future market trends and company technology roadmap
- Create bespoke sales strategies by target customer and train company to deliver effective pitches
- Develop bid/no bid assessment, RFQ creation and contract review processes including integration into NPI framework
- Develop and implement sales and negotiation plan
- Develop business development visual management room and governance structure to track progress including sales pipeline health, RFQ opportunities, conversion rate, contract value
- Establish lead key performance indicators to demonstrate clear tangible benefit of improvements in relation to business development based activities
- Linking business development to other critical aspects of the organisation including business plan development and sales and operations planning
The successful individual will enjoy working in an autonomous environment where you’ll be empowered to make the recommendations and offer support/development to the beneficiaries with which you are working. You should be comfortable managing ambiguity, flexible in your approach, enjoy a work programme that offers a variety of clients and have the ability to self-initiate and be able to influence at all levels in organisations.
- Proven capability to coach and mentor people in business development
- Previous experience of training people in business development
- Proven experience in a Business Development role.
- Good IT skills, strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and influencing skills are important
- Excellent Team player
As this role involves travel to both the SiG office and multiple beneficiary sites, all candidates must be willing and happy to work across the breadth of the UK. For more information see www.sig-uk.org
We are an equal opportunities employer.