As a Cost and Estimating Coach your responsibility will be to coach and mentor key personnel in how to develop and implement appropriate cost modelling, cost management and cost estimating practices. You will be working alongside beneficiary employees in order to develop their skills to ensure the selected companies’ cost management and associated processes are capable of meeting and continuously improving their overall cost competitiveness and ability to win and retain customer contracts to achieve their growth ambitions.
Through your hard work, you will be driving and accelerating best practice within aerospace manufacturing; offering the opportunity to develop highly valued manufacturing in the UK. You will benefit from working in a multi-disciplined team deploying best practice tools while taking the learning to further develop them.
Working as a Cost and Estimating Coach, you will be responsible for working alongside the beneficiaries to coach and mentor them, ensuring your knowledge and skills are transferred to embed sustainable change in the following areas:
- Assisting in development of the necessary skills to embed the required cost analysis capability in the beneficiaries, ensuring best practice is shared across the business
- Provide training and coaching to key personnel to help them establish suitable cost models and support efficient use of resource
- Assist in the development of make vs buy analysis, external supplier should cost analysis and negotiation support with customers and suppliers
- Support the beneficiaries to develop best practice request for quotation and fully closed loop new product introduction processes
- Support and advise on financial control activities e.g. activity based costing, value stream accounting and budget control
- Coaching and mentoring a wide range of personnel to optimise cost benefits across the product lifecycle
- Sharing knowledge of new technologies and their beneficial impact on future costs
- Liaising with external training providers as appropriate
The successful individual will enjoy working in an autonomous environment where you’ll be empowered to make the recommendations and offer support/development to the beneficiaries with which you are working. You should be comfortable managing ambiguity, flexible in your approach, enjoy a work programme that offers a variety of clients and have the ability to self-initiate and be able to influence at all levels in organisations.
- Proven capability to coach and mentor people in cost and estimating best practices
- Previous experience of training people in cost and estimating best practices
- Proven experience as a Value/Cost Engineer, Cost Estimator, or Cost/Factory Accountant within the manufacturing industry
- Engineering/finance qualification or relevant experience
- Strong manufacturing knowledge
- Good IT skills, strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills are important, particularly within senior leader
As this role involves travel to both the SiG office and multiple supplier sites, all candidates must be willing and happy to work across the breadth of the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer.