Utilising your skills and knowledge as an Engineering and Quality Coach you will be responsible for coaching and mentoring operations, engineering and quality functions within selected beneficiaries. You will be working alongside beneficiary employees, developing their knowledge and capability as you support them in ensuring manufacturing processes are capable of meeting and continuing to improve quality, cost, delivery rate and lead time requirements. Your ability to coach people in the development of effective processes, deployment and driving compliance through visual management will be key.
Through your hard work, you will be driving and accelerating best practice within aerospace manufacturing; offering the opportunity to develop highly valued manufacturing in the UK. You will benefit from working in a multi-disciplined team deploying best practice tools while taking the learning to further develop them.
Working as an Engineering and Quality Coach, you will be responsible for working alongside the beneficiaries to coach and mentor them, ensuring your knowledge and skills are transferred to embed sustainable change in the following areas:
- Determine current effectiveness of operational strategy, process and execution
- Utilise relevant data to identify areas for focus with a view to improving quality cost and delivery performance
- Establish and sustain process basics through the application of the Gain and Maintain Control tool
- Advanced manufacturing (in conjunction with external training partners)
- Product verification (in conjunction with external training partners)
- New Product Introduction (in conjunction with external training partners)
- Linking improvement activity to cost reduction opportunities and targets
- Develop manufacturing control plans supported by effective visual management
The successful individual will enjoy working in an autonomous environment where you’ll be empowered to make the recommendations and offer support/development to the beneficiaries with which you are working. You should be comfortable managing ambiguity, flexible in your approach, enjoy a work programme that offers a variety of clients and have the ability to self-initiate and be able to influence at all levels in organisations.
- Proven capability to coach and mentor people in an operational setting
- Previous experience of training people in manufacturing or quality processes
- Proven experience as an engineer with strong manufacturing knowledge
- Good IT skills, strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills are important
- Excellent team player
As this role involves travel to both the SiG office and multiple beneficiary sites, all candidates must be willing and happy to work across the breadth of the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer.