Sharing in Growth’s new Lighthouse Team Leader Academy has attracted more than 60 learners on the launch cohorts.
The new academy is designed to develop highly talented leadership for this generation and the next by helping attendees understand what is expected of the role and how to perform it successfully. So candidates will:
- learn how to operate within relevant employment law and regulatory frameworks,
- explore wider influencing factors that enable teams to operate at their best,
- gain an appreciation of how operational performance impacts financial results,
- develop the communications skills to lead, coach and motivate others,
- develop confidence inleading teams through continuous improvement and problem solving activities.
The six-month syllabus includes nine modules with ten training days backed by one-to-one on-site coaching from Sharing in Growth’s experts to ensure that the learning is tailored to the individual and quickly embedded through implementation on the job.
Designed to develop both behavioural and technical competencies, the training is delivered through seminars, workshops and best practice go-look-see, with exclusive access to the Sharing in Growth online learning hub to support development.
The first two cohorts started in November, with the third and fourth beginning in February. Applications will be taken shortly for further cohorts which will kick-off in September.
The academy is part of a tranche of recent Sharing in Growth innovations designed to help programme participants accelerate their learning and growth. Other developments include the on-line Learning Hub which now features a directory of engineering innovation partners who can provide training in areas such as additive manufacturing, automation, CNC programming, and design for manufacture. New training expertise has also been added to support beneficiaries in opportunity capture and bidding, health and safety and industrial relations.